Trick-or-Treat Welcome Reception!
Our Wednesday evening AECT Welcome Reception falls on October 31st, and we all know what day that is! There’s a rumor that the Graduate Student Assembly and our divisions/affiliates are plotting to hijack our Welcome Reception and dress in Halloween costumes, turning our reception into an AECT Trick-or-Treat event! If you wish to join in the Halloween fun, feel free to pack your favorite costume in your luggage. I am sure it will be a memorable event with some very special treats!
Only Two Weeks Away!Can you believe it? We are only two weeks away from the start of our AECT 2012 International Convention in Louisville, KY. Those last minute registrations are rolling in and our specially priced room block at the Galt House is filling-up at record levels. There might still be some available rooms, so give them a call, quickly! You may be able to find somewhat less-expensive rooms in the Louisville area, but when comparing those hotel options with the Galt House and the convenience of staying at our convention hotel, it’s a no-brainer. In addition, when you stay at the Galt House, you are helping AECT fulfill its room agreement/guarantee with the Galt House (you didn’t think the Galt House gave us all that meeting room space with no strings attached, did you?). Make your reservations Online or call 1-800-The-Galt (1-800-843-4258) and make reference to the (AECT Convention).
To help you plan for your trip to Louisville, I am sharing some useful links that may come in handy:
• AECT – http://www.aect.org
• AECT Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/aect1
• AECT Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/aect
• Galt House Hotel - http://www.galthouse.com/
• Downtown Louisville Maps (Restaurants, Parking, Trolley, Louie Link) - http://www.gotolouisville.com/go/maps/
• Louisville Travel Tools - http://www.gotolouisville.com/travel-tools/
• Lookin’ @ Louisville Video Series - http://www.gotolouisville.com/explore-louisville/multimedia/videos/lookin-louisville/
• GoToLouisville.com - http://www.gotolouisville.com/
• Museum Row on Main - http://www.museumrowonmain.com/
• Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory - http://www.sluggermuseum.org/
• Louisville Science Center - http://www.louisvillescience.org/
• Muhammad Ali Center - http://www.alicenter.org/
• Kentucky Derby Museum - http://www.derbymuseum.org/
Be sure to check the AECT web page, the AECT Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/AECT1 , our AECT Twitter feed – http://twitter.com/AECT, or this AECT President-elect/convention planning blog - http://marcuschildress.blogspot.com for last minute, up-to-date information.