|Steve Harmon shares the new convention app|
|Working on the strategic plan|
Tuesday’s full day of strategic planning was facilitated by Michael Shermis and our strategic planning committee (Rob Branch, Chair; Steve Harmon; Kay Persichitte; Trey Martindale; Phil Harris; and Marc Childress). The committee has worked all summer long on the draft of the strategic plan that was shared on Tuesday. Attendees at Tuesday’s sessions shared a wealth of input on our AECT mission, vision, and draft strategic plan. The committee will jump right back into the document this Friday and will have another draft of our strategic plan to be shared with division leaders and their members in the near future. This strategic plan will guide all AECT activities for the next 3 years, so we will want to hear YOUR voice.
Our time in the impressive Indiana Memorial Union concluded on Wednesday with a leadership conference featuring keynote speeches by David Wiley and Curtis Bonk.
|Chris Miller and John Curry talk about leadership|
Concurrent sessions included:
- Getting Professionally Published—Donovan Walling
- Considerations for Moving into Leadership—Chris Miller, John Curry
- Transition of Knowledge—Charlie White, Ward Cates, Wes Miller, Hans Eric Wennberg
- Women in Leadership—Sharon Smaldino, Ana Donaldson, Kay Persichitte
- K-12 Leadership—Anne Ottenbreit-Leftwich, Leslie Blatt, Michael Grant, Krista Glazewski
- Trimming Your Sails with Academic Service—Marty Bray, John Curry, Jennifer Bauman, Kathryn Ley