Ed.D. in Instructional Design and Performance Technology -
The online Ed.D. degree in IDPT is designed for individuals in business, industry, healthcare, government/non-profit, military, K-12, and higher education who are seeking a doctoral program that focuses on instructional design, training, development, and performance technology.
Target start date -
Fall 2015/Spring2016 (Pending Baker University curricular approval and accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools).
59+ credit hour Ed.D. -
- 27 credit hours - instructional design and performance technology core courses
- 6 credit hours - research and statistical analysis
- 6 credit hours - directed field experiences and portfolio/project
- 20 credit hours - dissertation development and completion
- Instructional Design and Performance Improvement - 3
- Design Principles for IDTP (User Interface Design, Message Design) - 3
- Project Management (PMI, PMD, LEAN, Six Sigma, Agile Scrum) - 3
- Instructional Models and Tools for Online Learning - 3
- Assessment, Evaluation and Reporting (Analytics, Assessment Design) - 3
- Informal Learning Environments - 3
- Systems and Process Mapping (Complexity Theory) - 3
- Leadership, Motivation and Change Management - 3
- Trends and Issues in IDPT - 3
Candidates will be drawn from a wide variety of organizations that have a vested interest in improving the learning and performance of their employees/learners through the systematic design of instruction and performance technology.
Stay tuned for more updates and developments.